GTS Flexible Materials’ products can be found in a wide range of applications globally. From electric vehicle batteries in passenger cars to medical diagnostic equipment, to power convertors for renewable energy sources and transportation, GTS provides flexible laminates and insulation for the most demanding of applications and industries.
GTS has three manufacturing / warehousing units in Ebbw Vale and has been based on the Rassau Industrial Estate since 1991, with subsidiary offices in Germany and France servicing its wide export business requirements. GTS also has significant levels of business in China and Korea demonstrating the Company’s global reach.
The Company has recently received investment from Growth Capital Partners, an independent private equity firm which invests in growing UK businesses, and has exciting growth plans.
To support our growth ambitions we are looking for motivated individuals to strengthen our production team:
- To operate our equipment and machinery in a safe manner, complying with our Health & Safety Policy, using any protective clothing and/or safety equipment provided
- Ensuring that the material produced is of acceptable quality at all times, in-line with the online inspection procedures provided
- Producing the our products as directed by the manufacturing schedule, work instructions and specifications as nominated
- Any other reasonable duties deemed necessary in the production process as directed by a company supervisor, Manager or Director
Key skills and requirements:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating machines
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Basic level in Literacy & Numeracy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Available to work shifts
Training and probation period is typically 3-6 months for this position
We currently operate 3 shift patterns:
- Shift 1 - 24/7 = 7 shifts over 14 days at 12 hours per shift (includes weekends and bank holidays) alternate weekly days and nights
- Shift 2 - 24/4 = Monday – Thursday 12 hours per shift, alternates weekly days and nights
- Shift 3 – Week 1 = Monday – Friday 8 hours per day, day shift. Week 2 = Monday – Thursday 12-hour nights shift
Depending what role is best suited to your experience will depend on what shift you commence on.
- You will be paid weekly at market rate
- In addition, the Company operates a profit share scheme which can provide a significant additional annual payment
- Further opportunities to increase earnings exist subject to annual pay reviews and merit awards
- The Company also operates a pension scheme and an employee healthcare scheme